NC BIONEER Venture Challenge 2022
The NC BIONEER Venture Challenge: Bringing life sciences innovations to the marketplace in North Carolina for Biotech Pioneers
- A 2-month period of mentoring assistance and networking opportunities
- Public and private networking and educational events to enhance our connected networks of entrepreneurs, investors, and others in the region and beyond, especially as they relate to biotech innovation and commercialization
- Targeted assistance from the NC Biotechnology Center Life Science Intelligence team–e.g., industry and market research
- A pitch challenge at the end of the assistance process, which will yield significant monetary awards, in addition to the invaluable mentoring and networking each venture will experience during the assistance phase
- Monetary Awards Totaling $40,000 IN EACH REGION: Top Award, $20,000; Second Award, $10,000; Third Award, $10,000. (Total: $200,000 across the state)
- Incubator tenancy and/or support partnerships with local incubators, accelerators, and support providers where applicable
- Promotion in the region and beyond of our impressive community of biotech innovators, entrepreneurs, and ventures
The winner from each of the 5 regional challenges will continue to the statewide challenge for additional mentoring assistance, NC Biotechnology Center Life Science Intelligence team support, promotion, public appearances, and monetary awards.
To be considered for the NC BIONEER Venture Challenge, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Physical presence in a North Carolina county represented by an NC Biotechnology Center Regional Office (Eastern, Greater Charlotte, Southeastern, Piedmont Triad, Western).
- Life Sciences/Biotech-related business ventures, including ventures that support life sciences and biotech through equipment, technology platforms, and software applications. For example, ventures may be related to a broad range of biotech-related innovations and applications including agriculture, bioenergy, health/nutrition, advanced materials, industrial biotech, regenerative medicine, diagnostics, medical devices, biomanufacturing, biopharmaceuticals, technology, or marine biotech.
Application Period: Feb. 1 – 25, 2022, you can Apply Here
Applications must be completed and submitted online via the following link, NC BIONEER Venture Challenge APPLICATION FORM, no later than 5:00 p.m. EST on February 25, 2022.
An expert panel of reviewers will select finalists to participate in the mentoring assistance process, which begins March 17, 2022 and the pitch competition in May 2022.
To APPLY to be a MENTOR for the challenge, complete the application at NC BIONEER Venture Challenge Mentor Application.
For questions or issues, please contact NCBIONEER_@NCBiotech.org or your NC Biotech Center Regional Office.
Mentoring, Networking, and Awards Events
Regional Assistance Period: Mar-May 2022:
Statewide Assistance Period: June 2022: